One of my favorite parts of blogging is being able to open up my blog for guest bloggers to post. There are so many great thinkers and writers (especially when it comes to parenting perspectives).
If you would like to guest post on Confessions Of A Parent please read through the criteria below and then email your submission to the email address provided at the end of this page. If I accept it I will let you know when it will be posted.
So, before you start writing…..
- Please understand that I reserve the right to turn down any submitted content. I also reserve the right to say yes to any submitted content.
- Posts need to be between 500 and 800 words max. Less than 500 is too short, more than 800 is too long. Please edit accordingly.
- Please do a good proofread before you send me content to consider. I have limited time and cannot afford to spend a ton of time editing. However, I do reserve the right to change punctuation or sentence structure.
- Make sure your post has a title that catches reader’s attention. A good example would be “5 Reasons Why Back-To-School Shopping Is Evil.” A bad example would be “Cooking For My Children At Thanksgiving.”
- No rants! I do not post rants. If your post is a rant (or leans toward a rant) please do not submit it. I won’t post it.
- Please provide contact information (Twitter handle, email address, Facebook & blog URL) so readers can connect with you.
- Speaking of readers, please make sure you make yourself available to respond to comments on the blog and on Facebook or Twitter. (FYI- Most of my commenters are on Facebook but there are some on the blog itself). I make it a point to interact with readers and expect guest bloggers to do so as well.
- No slander! Please make sure your post does not slander anyone or put someone or something down. Also, please do not stereotype or make generalizations about a person or a group. I will not post content that slanders or puts others down.
- Please only send me original content and nothing that you’ve posted on your blog or anyone else’s blog. I would love for you to post what you’ve written on your own blog or someone else’s blog at some point, but I ask that it’s original for my blog.
- When you send me material please make sure it is either a word document (with properly formatted paragraphs), an Evernote note, or a Pages document (with properly formatted paragraphs. I do not post anything from an already existing URL or link within the body of an email. The post must be an attached, original document.
- If I post your content I ask that you post links to the post from your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or personal blog. I will email you with the post’s shortlink after it goes live so you can in turn post an update on your social networks.
- Before you send me content to consider, make sure it’s not a topic that’s been covered already. You can use the search bar on the top right sidebar to search past posts or you can browse the archives toward the bottom of the sidebar.
- And one last thing- since this blog centers around bringing hope and humor on the parenting journey, please do not send me content that has nothing to to parenting. I’m sure you have wonderful things to say about the Olympics in London or Fly Fishing in Alaska but if it doesn’t relate in someway to parenting I won’t consider it. One thing that may help is to check out my list of categories at the bottom bar of the blog.
If you’re good with all of the above requirements, then I’m good. Go ahead and start writing. When you’re finished and you’ve done a good proofread, send the content for consideration to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get our latest eBook for FREE!
Let’s be honest: parenting is exhausting. You feel worn out, foggy & can’t remember the last time you got a full night’s sleep. That’s why we’ve put together a FREE guide with easy-to-apply, rest multiplying hacks for busy parents. You’re just 9 days away from feeling rested, refreshed & reenergized!