In our latest episode of The Honestly Adoption Podcast, we conclude our series, Is It Disobedience Or Something Else, by talking about teenagers…
Fostering, adopting, or even simply parenting teenagers is no small task and it’s certainly not for the faint of heart. It’s challenging. But when you consider the reality of trauma histories, and how they determine present behavior, the question must be asked- “Is this a teenager being a teenager, or is there something else going on here?” That’s the question we answer in this episode of the podcast. Listen in now…
In this episode we discuss:
- Characteristics of trauma-induced behaviors with teenagers
- How to recognize potential triggers with your teenager
- The importance of boundaries in parenting teenagers
- How to give your teenager the space he or she needs but still maintain connection with them
- The importance of understanding and leveraging your influence in your teenagers life
Question: Gotta question or comment about today’s episode? Leave it the comment section of this post. You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Get our latest eBook for FREE!
Let’s be honest: parenting is exhausting. You feel worn out, foggy & can’t remember the last time you got a full night’s sleep. That’s why we’ve put together a FREE guide with easy-to-apply, rest multiplying hacks for busy parents. You’re just 9 days away from feeling rested, refreshed & reenergized!