I remember the commercials vividly. Maybe they’re still around, I’m not sure. They’re the Nationwide, “Life Comes At You Fast!” commercials.
The reason I remember them so well is that each time they aired on my TV I awkwardly laughed.
I did so because they represent something greater than just a clever ad campaign. They represent my life. They represent your life. They represent real life. And, sometimes real life comes at you real fast!
Let’s just be honest….
- Sometimes the bank account gets overdrawn.
- Sometimes the kids are complete terrorists while you are on the phone.
- Sometimes the dog gets worms and relieves herself all over the carpet.
- Sometimes your child is failing every class even though you’ve spent hours doing homework with her.
- Sometimes your boss micromanages you.
- Sometimes your grown up child makes decisions you prayed they wouldn’t.
- Sometimes you are 1 day and 5 hours overdue on a blog post.
- Sometimes your neighbor gives you the evil eye for no reason as they drive past.
- Sometimes you do forget to pay a bill and a collection agency calls you.
- Sometimes your son pulls his pants down in public and threatens to pee on something.
- Sometimes you get a call from the principal’s office.
- Sometimes your car doesn’t start.
- Sometimes there is a really bad smell in that car that doesn’t start.
- Sometimes you feel un-talented and un-useful (are those actual words?).
- Sometimes you feel as though every other parent has it together except you.
- Sometimes the leak in the bathroom ends up causing mold in the floor joists.
- Sometimes your son calls you awful names and tries to punch you.
- Sometimes you have days where you just want to quit.
- Sometimes things move a little faster than you wanted them to.
- Sometimes he says he doesn’t love you anymore and wants out.
- Sometimes you feel like you’re outgunned and outmatched by your kids.
- Sometimes it doesn’t feel like Nationwide is on your side.
Sometimes…life comes at you fast. Okay, MOST of the time life comes at you fast! Being a parent just pushes the pedal through the metal!
Question: Can you relate? What are some other “sometimes” that you would add to this list?
Get our latest eBook for FREE!
Let’s be honest: parenting is exhausting. You feel worn out, foggy & can’t remember the last time you got a full night’s sleep. That’s why we’ve put together a FREE guide with easy-to-apply, rest multiplying hacks for busy parents. You’re just 9 days away from feeling rested, refreshed & reenergized!