It’s been a little more than a week since we opened enrollment for Oasis Community and the stories we are hearing have moved us, inspired us, and left us in tears. Here’s a little more about Oasis..
“I can’t thank you enough for Oasis. It showed up at the perfect time. I was drowning with my kids, with my marriage, with my life! I think you guys may have just saved my life!”
This is the email that got me. I read it through tears. It was Day 2 of open enrollment and I didn’t expect this to show up in my inbox. This precious mother of 5 went on to share a bit of her story and it was heartbreaking. She and her husband had adopted 3 children, a sibling group, from the foster care system, and recently discovered that two had been severely abused. For years she thought their behavior was her fault. She shut herself away from the world because isolation was easier…or so she thought.
And then an advertisement for Oasis Community flashed by her Facebook feed. She clicked on it, decided to join, and after just one day of being a member, discovered a community of like-minded people who “got her and her struggles,” as she put it.
These are the stories that have moved our heart. Foster and adoptive parents finding hope…finding connection…finding others who will walk with them on this journey is the exact reason Oasis was founded…
- Marissa had become a member in the morning, and that night, when she had reached her limit with her children, she reached out to an Oasis Care Team member and within 15 minutes was talking to someone who completely understood the struggles she was having and was able to encourage her!
- Joe is the father of a child who’s behavior at school is completely out of control. It’s left him broken. But then he joined Oasis, jumped into the Community Forum to introduce himself, shared a bit of his story, and several comments later, found acceptance, love, and camaraderie from a bunch of other members who were in that trench with him.
- Michele hit the nail on the head when she said, “Oasis cost way less than therapy and is available all the time!”
- James had a ton of questions for years but no answers. Until he joined Oasis and started consuming our video resources….“You guys…. I can’t thank you enough. Not only am I totally learning all about FASD and how and why it causes my son to behave…but I was able to talk to a fellow dad face to face through Oasis video chat the same day I joined! Unreal! He helped me see that this was worth it and that I was able to make it through the hardest days! Thank you Oasis Community!”
- Anna simply said, “I love having a new place of support!”
- Carol messaged us to say, “Wow! Simply wow! I’m sitting here trying to watch the training videos in Oasis through tears in my eyes! Finally someone gets it. Finally I have answers! I actually just yelled “YES!” at the top of my lungs. I think my dogs think I’m crazy. I’ve been looking for something like Oasis for 20 years now. I just thought I would spend my entire parenting career on my own and isolated! Thank you guys so much!”
As I thumb through the Community Forum in Oasis, there are hundreds of stories just like these. People’s lives, and their journeys, have been transformed. But the best part is the interaction between members. The conversation is deep, uplifting, and hope-giving. On and on, comment after comment, interaction after interaction, is inspiring, and encouraging.
More than 600 people from all over the world (seriously…the US, Canada, Zimbabwe, the UK and more) have joined Oasis Community and are finding hope…encouragement…and the resources they need to parent their children with success. Through connection to one another, mentoring and encouraging from our Care Team, and education and training from our plethora of resources, Oasis Community is exactly what foster and adoptive parents have been looking for.
Enrollment is now open, but ends this, Saturday, June 16th at 11:59 pm (PST). After that, we won’t open it again until the spring of 2019. Our desire is to make Oasis a tight-knit community of like-minded people so that’s why we don’t keep enrollment open publicly all the time. Don’t miss the opportunity to connect to a 24-7 virtual support community!
Question: Already a member of Oasis? What have you loved most about it? Do you have questions about Oasis? Leave them in the comment section below. We’d be happy to answer them! You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Get our latest eBook for FREE!
Let’s be honest: parenting is exhausting. You feel worn out, foggy & can’t remember the last time you got a full night’s sleep. That’s why we’ve put together a FREE guide with easy-to-apply, rest multiplying hacks for busy parents. You’re just 9 days away from feeling rested, refreshed & reenergized!