Thank you for checking out our speaking page. We would love to join you at your event and speak to your organization. On this page you will find out what you can expect from us, the topics we frequently speak on, who we are, our experience, and how to contact us to begin the process. We would be honored to spend time with your organization! Keep reading below for more information..
We are equipped to speak on just about any topic, and have spoken in front of groups as big as 10,000, and as small as 5 over the past 18 years. One of our favorite aspects of speaking to different groups, is the opportunity we have to connect with people from all walks of life. If you’re ready to get the ball rolling click the button below our schedule to start the discussion.
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
11/19/2017||The Adoption Conference||Brooklyn, New York|
01/02/2018||La Junta, Colorado Support Group||La Junta, Colorado|
01/19/2018—01/20/2018||Thrive Conference Adoption & Foster Care Conference.||Langley, British Columbia|
01/20/2018||Woven By Love Retreat||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
02/10/2018—02/10/2018||Becoming A Serving Spouse Marriage Seminar||Tacoma, Washington|
03/02/2018—03/03/2018||The Refresh Conference- Seattle||Seattle, Washington|
03/10/2018||Every Child One-Day Symposium||Indianapolis, Indiana|
04/06/2018—04/08/2018||Rejuvenate Retreat- Midwest||Williams Bay, Wisconsin|
07/13/2018—07/15/2018||Camp Connect Adoption Family Camp||Epping, North Dakota|
|Get more information|
Ready to get the ball rolling? Click below…
What You Can Expect From Us:
If you hire us to speak for your event, this is what you can expect:
- Prompt response to all of your emails and phone calls (including your initial inquiry). We have a 24-48 hour turn-around time!
- Personal consultation over the phone to find out the specific needs of your event.
- Your event’s promotion on our blog (including links to register).
- Detailed communication on the specific needs of your event.
- Customized teaching content that fits with the intention, theme or goal of your event.
- Professional head shots and media pieces with full publicity rights for your promotion (at no cost to you). If you are an event organizer and need access to our media files for publicity purposes, click here.
- Timeliness in our arrival to your event.
- Professional approach in communicating on stage and interacting with your staff and attendees.
What Other’s Are Saying:
As a co-founder of The Refresh Conference, I am always looking for just the right speakers for our next conference. Sure, we want polished and professional speakers, but more importantly, we need speakers who can deeply connect with our unique foster & adoptive parent audience. Speakers who can look the attendees in the eyes and say, ‘We get it. We know what you are going through. Your story is our story too.’ This connection is what makes the Refresh Conference different, and it is because of this same connection we have hired Mike and Kristin Berry time and time again at Refresh. The Berrys are so much more than just “professional speakers.” They are the real deal — quintessential professionals with empathetic hearts of gold.Andrew Schneidler
Founder of The Permanence Project & Co-Founder of The Refresh Conference
Mike and Kristin don’t just bring a ton of knowledge to the adoptive parenting arena, they bring a ton of experience. Although they are funny, engaging, and talented communicators, it’s their transparent spirit and love for families that set them apart.Tony Wolf
Comedian, Speaker, Author and Adoptee
Real, relevant, refreshing and really really fun! The Berry’s came to Atlanta in October 2016 to lead two workshops and the feedback from our foster and respite families was SPECTACULAR! Topics like “How to Create Relationships with Birth Families” and “Self Care” are timeless needs for our foster families. We will, undoubtedly, be having them back to share more on those and more subjects they are experts in.Lesli Reece
Ministry Director, Fostering Together at North Point Ministries, Inc. in Atlanta, GA
Huge heart, no nonsense, honest teaching that comes from the trenches of intense foster and adoptive parenting. Mike and Kristin aren’t giving theories and nice cliche parenting tips that you can stick up on your wall. This is the real deal, real truth, taught by people who’ve lived it!Joel Phillips
Relationship Expert and Blogger at BuildRelationalWealth.com
Mike and Kristin Berry speak with a transparency and honesty that is incredibly refreshing. They share both the joys and the struggles in parenting kids who have experienced trauma, which allows others to be real in sharing their experiences as well.Jenni Owens
Program Director, Foreverhomes.org
Mike is a gifted presenter and has the ability to speak hope back into hopeless situations. He was a favorite of many who attended our HOPE conference for foster and adopt families.Christina Jones
Central Arkansas Orphan Coalition Chair
Frequent Topics We’ve Spoken On:
- Foster care
- Special Needs Parenting
- Partnering with teachers to help them understand trauma and special needs
- Navigating IEP meetings
- How and when to formulate safety plans in your home
- Parenting multi-racial children
- Reactive Attachment Disorder & FASD (Fetal-Alcohol-Spectrum-Disorder)
- Fostering and Adopting Teenagers
- Why Tradition Parenting Does Not Work With Children From Trauma
- Understanding trauma and how to parent differently
- Relating To Birth Families
- Teaching others proper adoption and foster care language
- How to build healthy attachments and bonds with your children
- Parenting difficult children
- How To Keep Your Marriage Healthy When You’re Parenting Children From Trauma
- Parenting Principles & Trends
- Fighting For Your Family’s Heart
- Building Strong Support Systems
- Finding Hope & Healing on the road of Adoption and Foster Care
- Marriage enrichment and transformation
Who We Are:
We are both full-time writers, bloggers, authors, consultants, and speakers. Our eBooks, 7 Hills Every Parent Should Die On, Your Ridiculously Amazing Year, and The Adoptive Parent Toolbox are available in our online store. Our blog is read in 25 different countries, around the globe, and receives, on average, more than 100,000 readers monthly. If you’d like to receive email updates click the button below. When you subscribe we’ll send you a FREE eBook as a “thank you!”
Since 2002, we have been on the foster and adoptive parenting journey. All 8 of our children are adopted, with 6 coming to us through the foster care system. Collectively we have spent more than 25 years working with families- traditional, foster, adoptive, and special needs! Over our career we have spoken to audiences as small as 25 and as large as 25,000. To read more about our family, and our mission to reach foster and adoptive parents, check out Our Story page! If you are interested in finding out our rates and availability, lets connect, and get the ball rolling! Click below…
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to talking with you soon.
Get our latest eBook for FREE!
Let’s be honest: parenting is exhausting. You feel worn out, foggy & can’t remember the last time you got a full night’s sleep. That’s why we’ve put together a FREE guide with easy-to-apply, rest multiplying hacks for busy parents. You’re just 9 days away from feeling rested, refreshed & reenergized!